Thursday, June 18, 2009

I done did it.

I was able to get all 100 letters signed, sealed, and delivered to the LLS headquarters today in time to benefit from the sweeeeet postage deal they had going. Now I have time to sit back and contemplate how many people I might have sent a letter to that are not the people I thought the were. Better yet, I enjoy imagining the look on person X's face when they see the envelope and think: "Who the heck is Emily O'Sullivan?" All I can hope for is that they read the letter, and even if they haven't been in contact with my mom in a while (ever?), they are moved to donate anyway. Thinking positively. Speaking of that notion, did anyone read that piece about Oprah in Newsweek titled "Crazy Talk"? Let's converse.

ANYWAY...

After getting all that fundraising jazz done with, I had some doggy walkin' to do. I did three walks tonight, so something like 3.5 miles. It would usually be a little more, but two of the pups are slow. One is just huge, like tiger size, and the other is just not that into it. The latter is more interested in sitting in the middle of the road as cars are approaching and forcing me to drag her around. On my last walk of the night I saw this awesome cactus bloom:


The pup tried to taste. I told him it was not a good idea.

Real talk: I didn't run five miles yesterday like I said I was going to do. Instead I ran directly after my walks tonight, but just three miles. My bum hurts tonight. Tomorrow is going to be about 8 million degrees and I have about that many dog walks, so I will not be running. Nope. Happy weekend kids.

3 comments:

  1. EEP cant wait to get your letter. I hope mine says, Come on Annie, Emily can't run for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had been able to personalize them, but with the trouble i was having just signing my name (i blame the coffee) there was no way.

    ReplyDelete