Thursday, June 4, 2009

Desk Lunch

I just took a walk to Trader Joe's on my lunch break so I could pick up a canister of whipped cream for these chocolate icebox cookie "cupcakes" I made last night. I ran out of the homemade stuff and I needed something to spruce up the lids (pics to come). They are for the bbq I am going to tonight at my boss's house with the rest of my co-workers. We are in the midst of completing a study about water-related projects financed by the World Bank so I will be topping them with blue sugar. I know, so clever.

Of course, I can never just get one thing! In my defense, I needed something for lunch and it's a better deal to grab a couple things to prepare myself that would leave me with extra for later. I grabbed a bag of dried Bartlett pears (had never tried- awesome!), some pre-sliced asiago cheese, and flax honey flatbread crackers. I had some spicy three pepper hummus (zingier than I anticipated, but good for making me want to hydrate) already. I made a couple little "sandwiches" with that and the cheese. Between my 8-grain bagel this morning and the flatbread I am doing a pretty good job of eating complex carbs today (yay me). Apparently something like 65% of my diet should be carbs now. I guess I will need to cancel my zone diet subscription. Ha ha.


Chow!

1 comment:

  1. sounds delicious. i love those flax-honey flatbreads. i am procrastinating. i just ate some green bean/potato salad.

    ReplyDelete