Thursday, June 11, 2009

Genius

Greetings from Latrobe, PA! Training up here hasn't been outstanding, but I managed to run four miles yesterday. I plan to run four again tomorrow morning before I catch my plane back to Durham (there now I have made my intention public and must stick to it). In other adventures, I went to Fallingwater today. It's just the most incredible place. Frank Lloyd Wright, you leave me speechless. I can't imagine what it would be like to have such visions and the skill to execute them so perfectly. Thank you so much Western Pennsylvania Conservancy for freezing the house in time, encouraging the surrounding environment to thrive, and still managing to bring tens of thousands of people through every year. Please, please go to this place.


Amazing.

3 comments:

  1. i spent a couple weeks in ligonier PA (a few days on two separate occasions) in a cabin on a river sometimes with plastic chairs in the river, and it rules there 100%. that is the last place i rode a bike, except this one time i rode from your house to my apartment in DC, cause i couldnt wait to see if i had gotten records that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA this girl was just in the library wearing a blue shirt that said "Fallingbeer" and it was that image above, but replace the house with a PBR can. It wasn't that funny but the coincidence is just BEYOND me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I wanted to go there when I was in Pittsburgh. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete