Sunday, June 7, 2009

Confessions of a Naughty Runner

I went for a run today for the first time since Tuesday. Oops, didn't mean to take so many days off. First confession complete. I planned to redeem myself by hitting the path around east campus at Duke for several loops this afternoon. After about 2 miles, or a lap and some change, I just quit. It was pretty lame. I don't even really know why I quit. I wasn't too tired and I wasn't too hot. I was just being lazy. Second confession complete.

On the way home I had to brainstorm so I could salvage the day's attempt to train. And boy did I ever. I got the boom box and put it out on the porch, grabbed the jump rope and started. I did one minute of jumping between sets of lunges - forward, backward, sideways. Obviously, this was tough, but when I was done I was feeling a lot better. I do need to say one more thing on jump roping (jumping rope? what's your preference?) though: It's hard! I maintain my position that you would need to be 12 years old and/or a member of the Bouncing Bulldogs in order to continue this type of exercise for any extended period of time.

Because I am awesome, I indulged tonight with a great dessert. Last night I made mint chocolate ice box cookies and stacked them with layers of whipped cream and left them to set in the fridge overnight. They were soft and decadent and tasted like a thin mint cupcake. The end.

mmm.

3 comments:

  1. if you say jumping rope and jump ropeing too many times, it makes it hard to decide.

    you still ran and jumped some rope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep re-reading that part about the tutorial on frying an egg because i love how it says "start enjoying life" hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh yes, to be inadvertently amusing is indeed my destiny.

    ReplyDelete