Monday, August 24, 2009

Ahh!

Sorry I couldn't come up with a more clever title to express the way I am feeling about the marathon these days. Race day is closing in really fast. I cannot believe it's almost September!!! This is seriously scary. Training is still going pretty well, this past week was probably my worst training week though and I really just need to shake it off. It's so easy to slip into a negative mentality especially when you are out there running alone a lot of the time with no one to push you forward but yourself. My cassette player is a bit of a nuisance on 12 mile runs in addition to my water bottle, so it's just me and the sound of my heavy breathing. I try to keep reminding myself about what I am doing and why I am doing it and it does help, but sometimes I do give in and start walking or decide not to go as far as I had originally planned. This never feels good in the end though.

This morning I went out to do at least an 8 mile run and I managed to do that, which is good. This coming weekend the training team is doing a 14 mile run and I will be joining them because I don't want to do it alone. I usually can't make it out with them on Saturdays because of my dogwalking, but I gotta work it out because I need that group motivation or peer pressure or whatever you wanna call it! I am not giving up! I will run 26 miles!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment