Monday, July 6, 2009

Running water

Today I used my free pass to the local YMCA (all I had to do was take a tour) and did some swimming! It was pretty great. I haven't done this in quite a while, but it's probably my favorite way to exercise. Though there were not many people there to swim laps, the "fun" pool was closed for some reason so they had to block off half the lap pool for the day campers to play in. It was pretty funny seeing like 100 kids in this small square of the pool. Maybe a little dangerous too? They were all in the shallow end. I guess most are not strong swimmers. Should kids be required to learn how to swim? I dunno.

Anyway, after they left it was super quiet, like only 3 other people. There were more lifeguards than people. Ah the perks of not having a 9-5 job. I swam a little over an hour and even did some "water running." It's a great low-impact work out. I would like to try their "extreme" deep-end water aerobics class. I have never done one, they seem wild with all the foam "weights." Good thing I have one more free visit!


* Image retrieved from http://www.ci.poway.ca.us.

1 comment: