Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Climb

Hey dudes, uh yeah, so long time no typey. I got nothin'. I just didn't. Sorry. But, NOW I AM BACK. I went to the beach last week for a few days which is part of the reason I haven't been around. I was in vacation mode. Though tso much that I didn't do any running. I would have slacked off more had my dad not been asking me regularly if I had done it. Rascal. I had a bad run the first morning there. I felt a little sick when I woke up and foolishly thought "Hey, I will just run this off." Ehhh, wrong. I definitely had to side step and do a little yacking into a bush next to a hotel. Classy as Carolina Beach. I skipped running the next day in favor of lying in the sun and splashing in the waves. Picked up on Friday with an 8-miler.

Now, back in the Triangle, I am dog- and kitten-sitting in Carrboro having a swell time. It's nice to be in a new location to change up my running routes and this lil town is very pedestrian friendly with lots of sidewalks and bike lanes. Tonight I am going on a group run around the area and afterwards we get free house-made chips at Tyler's. I guess I will have to buy a beer. Shucks.

Finally, I bet you guys thought the title referenced that awesome Mylie Cyrus jam, and guess what? It does, but I am going to blow your mind and post a different jam that fits the bill too and it gets me to the other side.

4 comments:

  1. i can't believe you didn't mention me in this post. chill tune, tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay. i had a dream that kate bush was on "wait wait don't tell me." god, i'm boring. i'm going out to chapel hill tomorrow and friday night. i'll call you - i also just made a few batches of vegan cupcakes & muffins.

    ReplyDelete